Inaugural Italian Wine Scholar Class in Utah
Italian Wine Scholar™ Study & Certification Program – Unit One
Embark on the most advanced and comprehensive specialization program on Italy bar none!
The Italian Wine Scholar™ curriculum is an Italian wine education program designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization program on Italy bar none! It was created by native Italian, Maurizio Brioggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia.
The Italian Wine Scholar™ program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar™ program.
Like the French Wine Scholar program, the Italian Wine Scholar program also confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exams (Ex: John Smith, IWS)
The Italian Wine Scholar program is composed of two separate units:
Unit 1: Northern Italy
Unit 2: Central & Southern Italy
Candidates need a composite score of 75% to receive the IWS credential, i.e. the scores from both exams are added together and averaged for final assessment.
Set yourself apart from your peers. Specialize in the wines of Italy!
Study with Wasatch Academy of Wine:
Our inaugural session for Unit One is scheduled to start September 27, 2016 and will run on 8 consecutive Tuesdays:
Date: September 27, 2016 Exam date: November 22, 2016
Time: Noon – 3:00 PM
Location: Harmon’s City Creek conference Room
Instructed by: Sheral Schowe, FWS
Registration: call us at (801) 414-7895, email@example.com
BONUS FOR EARLY REGISTRATION:
Gain access to the online material early. This will allow you to study in advance of the classroom sessions!
Schedule of Classes: September 27, 2016-November 22, 2016
Conference Room at Harmon’s City Creek
- September 27, 12-3pm: Foundation
- October 4, 12-3pm: Valle d’Aosta, Lombardia
- October 11, 12-3pm: Liguria, Emilia-Romagna
- October 18, 12-3pm: Piemonte (northern Piemonte & Monferrato)
- October 25, 12-3pm: Piemonte (alba)
- November 1, 12-3pm: Trentino, Alto Adige
- November 8, 12-3pm: Veneto
- November 15, 12-3pm: Friuli Venezia Giulia
- November 22, 12-3pm: Final Exam (Final Exam for Unit One)
The program provides all the tools necessary to successfully master the wines of Italy at a professional level.
Our sessions for Unit One will include 24 hours of classroom instruction ( over 8 weeks) with tutored tasting taught by approved instructor Sheral Schowe, plus:
- The 250-page full-color Unit One Italian Wine Scholar study manual
- 1-year access to the Unit One Italian Wine Scholar online study program for class prep and review
- Registration for the Unit One Italian Wine Scholar Exam
- A total of over 40 different wines will be tasted over the course of the Unit 1.
Call Sheral Schowe to register:
Mail Checks payable to
Wasatch Academy of Wine
P.O. Box 900727
Sandy, UT 84090
Download Registration form
Please note: Taking the Certification exam is not required. It is provided for those who have a reason and benefit from the post-nominal certification, for instance those in the food and wine industry in some capacity. Many of our scholars take the classes for the information alone and the chance to thoroughly understand the special wines of the area. They may be merely curious, many are serious collectors.